Swedish Network for Industrial and Urban Symbiosis
The research group for industrial and urban symbiosis (IUS) at Linköping University realized early on that there was a need to provide systemic support to regions and municipalities to maintain the practical development of IUS in Sweden. For this purpose, they began developing a national network and a resource center.
Swedish Network for Industrial and Urban Symbiosis (SNIUS) was born in March 2015 with the support of Linköping University and other core actors, e.g. Sotenäs Symbioscentrum, Hifab AB, the City of Malmö, Paper Province and RISE.
Today the network works towards the following goals, in order to be able to effectively scale up IUS processes in Sweden:
- Mobilize and improve capacity in Swedish municipalities and regions to support IUS development
- Support the establishment of regional nodes that can coordinate long-term facilitation efforts
- Develop and make available methods and tools to support facilitation efforts
- Increase the number of collaborations and exchanges of knowledge among stakeholders and regions
- Create a stronger voice, act as a bridge and secure support from national authorities and institutions
- Improve national and international profiling of IUS activities and programsSNIUS has the vision to develop the following structure to achieve its goals
SNIUS has the vision to develop the structure shown above to achieve the goals.
Read more about the network here